Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Visa Bulletin - September 2011


Wednesday, August 10, 2011 | , , , , , ,


September 2011 Visa Bulletin which is the last Visa Bulletin for the current FY2011 fiscal year was released yesterday. The major disappointment for the September visa bulletin was the lack of any movement in the EB-2 China and EB-2 India categories, which have moved significantly over the past few months. Surge in EB1 and EB2-ROW demand for the last quarter was the main reason for no movement in this category. If porting numbers and PWMBs are not huge, we expect no or slow movement in this category starting October 2011 for FY 2012. Please see table below on to estimate how slow movement can be. EB2-China will progress much quicker than EB2-India.


 EB3 India saw major movement of 5 weeks due to reduction in the demand data by 725 compared to August visa bulletin demand data. Movement was based on 588 (for June) + 168 visa numbers (from 01 July 2002 - 08 July 2002). Movement due to reduction in demand data upto PD 1 January 2003, caused due to porting is not an appropriate way of progressing dates for EB3-India . In reality, reduction in demand could be across the board for PD 01 June 2002 - 31 December 2002. If this is true, then we fear that EB3-India may not see any movement for Q1 FY 2012. Though it is unclear now but stall or little retrogression for EB3-India in Q1 cannot be discounted. We will need to observe VB movement closely for this category in FY 2012.

EB3-ROW-M-P will continue to move slowly but steadily for next visa bulletin. We will work on new article for What to expect for EB3-ROW-M-P in FY 2012.

EB3-China will continue to move slowly for FY 2012 due to high CP demand.

Employment-Based (EB)

Below is a summary of the September 2011 Visa Bulletin with respect to employment-based petitions:
  • EB-1 remains current across the board.
  • EB-2 remains unchanged across the board: EB-2 ROW (Rest of World), Mexico and Philippines remain current while EB-2 China and EB-2 India are unchanged at April 15, 2007.
  • EB-3 ROW, EB-3 Mexico and EB-3 Philippines move forward by three (3) weeks to November 22 , 2005, EB-3 China  moves forward by only one (1) week to July 15, 2004, while EB-3 India  moves forward by five (5) weeks to July 8, 2002.
  • The “other worker” category remains unchanged at  April 22, 2003 for China and at June 1, 2002 for India.  It moves forward by three (3) months to August 1, 2005 for ROW, Mexico and Philippines.



Family-Based (FB)
Below is a summary of the September 2011 Visa Bulletin with respect to family-based petitions:
  • FB1 remains unchanged (again) for ROW, China and India at May 1, 2004.   It moves forward by one (1) week to March 15, 1993 for Mexico.  It also moves forward by 6.5 months to November 1, 2006 for for Philippines.
  • FB2A moves forward by over four (4) months to December 1, 2008 for ROW, China, India, and Philippines.  FB2A Mexico moves forward by less than four (4) months to September 22, 2008.
  • FB2B ROW, China and India remains unchanged at July 1, 2003.  FB2B Mexico moves forward by one (1) month to November 1, 1992.  FB2B Philippines moves forward by over (3) months to March 22, 2001.

We continue to see the FB2A category move forward, after the significant retrogression over the past several months – this month by four weeks.   Unfortunately, due to strong demand, FB1 category remains unchanged, for a fourth month in a row, after it retrogressed by 8 months during the April 2011 Visa Bulletin.  This is due to heavy demand in the FB1 category which is expected to continue and further lack of movement (or backward movement) in FB1 is possible.
 


You Might Also Like :


50 comments:

narayan said...

My PD is 18th April 2007. Do you think I will be current in the next couple of months. Needless to say, I am EB2 India. It is agonizing to being so close yet so far.

Thank you
Narayan

rrsm said...

hi CM,
My PD is Nov 21, 2005 EB3 P I will be current this september however I am on the last day, what if EB3 will retrogress on October do you think it will affect my application? I am just worried Thanks

Kkk said...

No Disrespect to anyone. It is just waste of time to do the calculation predictions on visa bulletins. Just enjoy your say in US. If your PD is current, just file it. Green Card is not the life. These predications are just like predicting stock market. Now one knows how the market reacts. After market closes very one will come and tell the story why the market is up/down today(Just like after visa bulletin is released). If you really like the work of "CM " please donate some amount and move on.

myxx said...

hi CM.

Im EB3-P and im scheduled for interview this month of august. I have known that job offer letter is needed during interview. I still lack that document because my employer ceases to communicate with me. ive tried all means to coordinate with the agency that im affiliated but i received no reply. do u think it is a good decision for me to reschedule my interview until such time that i had the needed document? if i pursue the interview im afraid that i will not be issued the visa. my agency has abandoned me, i guess. anyone could suggest any agency or employer who will take me and provide me with job offer? i need your help.

thanks

Sasimann said...

When the elected US representatives can't fix their financial system in these times how can we expect them to fix the immigration system
which is bringing sleepless nights to many.

Sreenuk said...

mine is EB2I - PD 10 May 2007, do i need to wait for 8 months as per your calculations...

Good4GC said...

Eb2 Ind , PD Dec 4th 2007 , please advise if I will be current in 2012 calendar year at all .

Kuku82 said...

CM,

Is is possible that no movement for EB2-IC means that DoS is being conservative in terms of keeping the visa numbers for EB1 available for the last month of FY2011 in case there is a sudden surge in demand for EB1? If so, and in case there is still some spillover left after FY2011, do you see these numbers getting used in early FY2012 - which they have done before?

Thanks!

VM said...

Dear CM,

The prediction for EB3-I is cut-off/missing in the second paragraph of this article: the sentence abruptly ends at:

"We expect EB3- India. "

Can you please share your thoughts/prediction for EB3-I in the coming months?

Thanks again for sharing all this valuable info with us!

CM said...

Oh sorry I just noticed that. Itwas nixed while moving things here and there. That will be added tonight.

RK said...

Hi CM

Is there going to be spillover at every quarter end during fiscal 2012?
I remember one of your previous comments you mentioned DOS planning early spillover.. could you share your thoughts?

thanks
RK

CM said...

That would be the ideal case but knowing DOS and Mr. Oppenheim I believe earliest possibility is April 2012.

Please see this updated article - http://us-non-immigrants.blogspot.com/2011/07/eb2-india-china-what-to-expect-in-fy.html

IABEN said...

Hi CM,

What is your prediction on next VB? Would it be the same movement as before which is 3 to 6 weeks for EB3-R-M-P?

Thanks,

Iaben

Ali100000000 said...

If You are a nurse or if you know any nurse friends who have been abandoned by their sponsors/petitioners in recent years. If they already have established priority dates either in 2005 or 2006 but now have no sponsor, you can refer them to me , and I will pay you a fee of $ 400 on each nurse you refer ,if they meet our recruitment criteria
Contact me on : ali100000000@yahoo.com

VM said...

Still waiting for the EB3-I prediction :)

CM said...

There you go, updated my thoughts on EB3-I in the article.

VM said...

Ouch.. hope EB3-I does not retrogress further in Q1 :( But, thanks for updating it!

Anonymous said...

CM , I want to travel to Ind toward end fo 2012 or very beginning of 2013 . I havent travelled in the last 4 yrs because of bad economy climate and all other vulnerablities. I'm EB2 I- PD first week dec 07. Do you think I will be able to file for EAD/A.P by December of 2012 atleast and wait until I get my EAD /A.P and then travel .....Appreciated much ....you are a blessing .

KO

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

I am hoping at least until December 2011 for you but you never know how PWMBs and porting number will use monthly allocation.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Hopefully they will not retrogress but keep on using allocation from EB-3 ROW. Is your case CP? If so then it can affect if it will retrogress in case interview is not received next month. Anyways chances of retrogression is less. How it looks right now is that no matter what EB3-P-M are not considered retrogressed for DOS and movement through out next year will be based on total sum of demand from these countries than individual respective demand. DOS are just keeping are separate countries from ROW due to FB category and constant use of more than 7% visa number EB + FB from total annual allocation.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

No not 8 month for you. You need to interpolate it from the table. 3 months for 1 may and 8 month for 1 June means 4-5 month for 10 May 2007. This is based on assuming no large numbers of PWMB pending and high porting numbers starting october. Else wait can be longer.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

I think you will be current for sure and may even receive green card.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Yes no movement is to accommodate EB1 and EB2 ROW demand for august and September. I don't think any visas will be left but if they do as long as they are assigned to case by 30 Sep they can be used for EB category for FY 2012 else wasted visas will be used for FB category next year.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

I still need to go back do some calculations. i will let you knobby next week.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Yes next FY 2012 should at least bring you EAD/AP for travel in December 2012.

KR said...

Hello,
My PD is October 2008, EB-2 India.
when do you think I can apply for 485.
Thank you,
KR

SA said...

CM, My PD is Aug 12, 2002 EB3-I, when you think I will be current ?

CM said...

I-485 Processing Times Updated ---

TSC
I-485 ----December 3, 2010

NSC
I-485 --- January 28, 2011

Dates have gone back from 4 months processing time to 9 months. It may opening lot of Service Requests and pressure from congressman has overwhelmed USCIS. Other reason can be increase in EB1 and EB2-ROW qualified individuals.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

SM said...

Hi CM,
My PD is Sep2007 EB2-I What is the worst case scenario wait in my case. Also any chance of being current this year or early next year?

sss said...

My PD is Feb 15 2008 EB2I, I am hesitant in travelling to india as I am a consultant. My visa has been renewed until 2013. I might be getting a fulltime offer after my project ends in dec, do you think its prudent to change jobs and start the process again?

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Atleast 2-3 years.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

In 3-4 months if EB3-I will start moving in October.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Anywhere from April-July 2012 should make you current.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Oh yeah, change jobs in December. Your PERM will be cleared in 6 months and then in July you can file for concurrent case if you are current. If you are getting this opportunity please take it.

CM said...

Spooky --> http://www.nextgov.com/nextgov/ng_20110818_1087.php?oref=topstory

VG said...

Hi CM

What are the chances for Nov 07 EB2-I to get clear in 2012?

thanks

VG

roundone said...

Not sure how this will effect the EB immigration.

K .sh said...

Hi CM
what is your opinion about october visa bulletin for EB3 ROw
thanks

MPS said...

CM,
January2008 EB2-I-Do you see it getting current next year. I am holding off a job change hoping I get current next year.Also I hear USCIS has for the moment stopped processing PERM's so its not like the new company can file GC as soon as I join.
Do u think Jan 2008 EB2-I will be current in 2012 or 2013?
Thanks

k.sh said...

Hi CM
Do you think that in new fiscal year the amount of visas for EB3 is more than before?Or EB3M-P -and Row will move like each other?

Rahul said...

Hello CM,

What is your new estimation for March 2008 EB2-I? Do you think VB will move to March 2008 or beyond in FY'12?

eb2c said...

Hi CM:

I noticed you have updated your green card calculator.

Why the time doesn't change if you change the spillover above 20000?

Do you think 20000 will be the maximum available next year?

How many spillover this year finally?

I am also Sep 2007 EB2C, the calculator indicates longer waiting time than your answer here. Is there any reason?

Thank you and appreciate as always.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Chances are good.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

It would not but calls for more audit at USCIS.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

8 December 2005 due to high EB3-P demand.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

I am still thinking that they will move together. Total visas available is 29128 +2803 +2803

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

It is difficult to say where dates will move because it is all based on DOS discretion for estimated intake but the very best case for next year to receive GC ( not current) is January 2008. Most likely November 2007 will receive GC next year.

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

Because GC calc assumes July as spillover season. So no matter what spillover you will put it will assume that you will be current as soon as spillover will start. In reality for this year spillover will be in March April 2012 but calc is generalized for July. I think anything above 20000 is too much to assume for next year as of now.

For FY 2011, spillover received was around 25500.

LLpp said...

Hello! How can I know when my PD is? Which documents I should look at? amI currenly in EB3 ROW category, already have permission from Department of Labor. Not sure what document should I look at in order to know the Priority Date. Please help!
Thank you!

CM_USNonImmigrants said...

The day your labor was filed with department of labor is your priority date. You can ask your lawyer. Else you can also see your PD on yourI-140 receipt or approval.

Post a Comment